National Board Candidate Support Training 101
National Board Certified Teachers across the United States report that going through the process was the best professional development they have ever experienced. As a result, many pay it forward and support other candidates pursuing Board certification in their community. During this one day basic training, participants will engage in high-quality, professional conversations and hands-on learning experiences designed to support those interested in supporting candidates through the certification process.
*This training is required for any CSP who is interested in facilitating this course in their district or region for the 2020/2021 National Board Cycle.
- Learn skills and strategies designed to support candidates through the process.
- Learn ways to promote collaboration while emphasizing individual responsibility and accountability.
- Understand the resources available and the policies and guidelines required by the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS) for ethical candidate support.
- Learn strategies for challenging conversations and managing stress.
- Learn ways to support candidates with complying with the policies, guidelines, and assessment practices set forth by NBPTS.
- Identify and analyze evidence in a video.
- Identify and analyze evidence in student work samples.